My dog

My dog

Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Been a Long Day

It's 10:30 pm and this is the first chance I've had to sit and have one minute to myself. I got out of bed at 6:00 am and as soon as my feet hit the floor I was off and running. On the car by 7:15 drop Gianna off at school, then off to work. The kids seemed glad to be back at school. My project for the 100th day of school went well with the five year olds. Then I had to help out in Preschool, those kids were wild. Back to my class for lunch and then off to the first grade. They weren't as excited about 100th day of anything. It's sad to realize that one of the people who started out with me will be leaving. Then off to the library for 5 more hours of work. The people there are fun to work with and I have so much more in common with them BUT IT'S BEEN ALONG DAY. I feel sad and tired. Things did not turn out the way I expected back in September. By giving up my twenty five hours at the library and leaving the nursery school I hurt alot of people. Peggy and Gail at the school. They really felt "left" behind. Then there were alot of kids who thought I would be their teacher, all the kids who came to Pajama Storytime. And myself. I wish I had stayed at the library. I love seeing the new books and helping people find books they need. It's a little thing but it was so satisfying. I constantly watched myself improve and learn new things at the library. But tonight my heart is heavy and I want to just close my eyes, forget everything and go to sleep, it's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment